Booz Allen Hamilton publishes its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report
MCLEAN, Virginia – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE: BAH) today released its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Impact Report, âThe Future Can’t Wait,â offering new insight into the journey of the company to create a more digital and secure environment. , a resilient and equitable future.
This year’s report includes highlights and updates in six key impact areas:
- Ethics and integrity: An overview of how Booz Allen integrates ethics and integrity into all facets of leadership, corporate governance and operations
- Mission and innovation: Examples of the company’s applied technical capabilities and investments in innovation to meet critical mission needs of clients
- Employee experience: Overview of Booz Allen’s inclusive employment approach and its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DCI) action plan to increase transparency, foster equity in policies and practices and ensure that all employees have the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Community engagement: A showcase of Booz Allen’s positive community impact, including charitable contributions and pro bono customer service focused on Veterans and Military Families, Pandemic and Disaster Response, Equity Causes and Connection under-represented groups in STEM careers
- Global resilience: Highlight the company’s ability to anticipate, respond to and adapt in the face of climate change and other threats to global stability and security, including by committing to achieve zero net greenhouse gas emissions greenhouse by 2050
- Information security: An overview of Booz Allen’s approach to protecting information and technology assets, providing a trusted workforce, and protecting sensitive data
In 2021, Booz Allen expanded its range of voluntary ESG reporting frameworks to better enable various stakeholders to use Booz Allen’s ESG information to understand and assess its efforts to manage impact on the business. Six content indices are published with the report which detail the alignment of the information in the report and other publicly available sources with the reporting standards of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI); the standards of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB); Climate Related Financial Information Working Group (TCFD); CDP Climate Questionnaire; World Economic Forum Stakeholder Capitalism Indicators; and the United Nations Guiding Principles on the Framework for Business and Human Rights Reporting.
âThe transparency and accountability it fosters are natural expressions of our purpose and values, which form the foundation for everything we do,â said Nancy Laben, Executive Vice President of Booz Allen, General Counsel and president of the ESG committee of Booz Allen. âThis report highlights the measurable contributions of our employees, through their work, their generosity and above all their collaboration, to our firm, our clients, our communities and the world.
To learn more and read the full report, visit Environment, Social, Governance at Booz Allen.
Forward-looking statement on the Safe Harbor
Certain statements contained in this document include “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Examples of forward-looking statements include information regarding Booz Allen’s financial outlook and directions, as well as any other statement not directly linked to a historical or current fact. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by words such as “may”, “will”, “could”, “should”, “plans”, “outlook”, “belief”, “estimates”, “predict” , âPotentialâ, âcontinueâ, âpreliminaryâ or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. While we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that these expectations will will prove accurate.
These forward-looking statements relate to future events or our future financial performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to differ materially. results, levels of activity, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.
A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained or implied by such forward-looking statements, including factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our annual report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, which can be viewed on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or to persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by the foregoing cautionary statements. All of these statements speak only as of the date of their publication and, except as required by law, we assume no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
About Booz Allen Hamilton
For more than 100 years, military, government and business leaders have looked to Booz Allen Hamilton for their most complex problems. As a consulting firm of experts in analytics, digital solutions, engineering and cyber, we help organizations transform. We are a key partner in some of the most innovative programs for governments around the world and our most sensitive agencies trust. We work hand-in-hand with clients, using a mission-driven approach to choose the right strategy and the right technology to help them achieve their vision.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, our company employed approximately 29,200 people worldwide as of September 30, 2021 and had revenues of $ 7.9 billion for the 12 months ended March 31, 2021. to find out more, visit www.boozallen.com. (NYSE: BAH)